After just keeping pace with the sections each week (finishing the final rows each Thursday night just before the next set is announced) I am now speeding through the last stretch and heading straight for home! It helps that I only did 5 repeats of Chart G instead of 8 (that area just seemed a bit too long for me in the photos I've seen), which got me into the first rows of the ruffle today. I can't wait to have it done and blocked and ready to wear this week!
I'm really happy with how the second half of the shawl has turned out - and how my experiment in 'erasing' sections of the transition chart helped the basket weave area blend into the flower charts. Here is a detail shot that shows how it all turned out (and that gives a pretty good idea of the color too)
Thanks so much to T&J for hosting the knit-along - even though I didn't post much, it really kept me motivated to keep knitting a bit each day to keep up with the pack and get this done. I can't wait to see her finished, blocked, and out on the town!