Friday, August 31, 2007

The knitting has started


Here is the start of my Hanami. I love knitting it. I was going to add more beads like Cayli was but I think my beads stand out too much (in person they look more purple). I do plan on adding some before the ruffle but I haven't figured that out yet. I am using stitch markers between the repeats (haven't added them with the first and last three stitches yet) and it does help.
I am thinking of taking a few repeats out and making just the basketweave into a scarf and then I would add the beads. I have some Silky Wool in two colors that would be perfect and I may do that after I get done with the shawl.
I am using Brown Sheep Naturespun Fingering Weight in a Cherry Delight color on size 5 Addi Lace needles (love them).
Enjoy everyone.

No comments: