Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Excited for this knitalong!

It was great to see on the MS3 boards that this group had been created to knit Hanami once MS3 was finished – since that was exactly what I hoped to do anyways!

I have a skein of purplish blue Silky Merino laceweight from Blackberry Ridge that has been waiting patiently in my stash for the perfect project, so I'm glad to have finally found it in Hanami, even if it will be with a twist. Even though I love the cherry blossoms that bloom here in San Francisco starting in February, both the color of my yarn and the pattern of Hanami remind me instead of the jacaranda blossoms that fell on the grounds of the university in South Africa where I did graduate work. So mine will be a bit of a pseudo-Hanami, but I still look forward to knitting my version along with all the rest of you!

Looking forward to being a part of this group,

Megan

3 comments:

Mary in VA said...

Well if I remember correctly, hanami more generally means "flower viewing" rather than just cherry blossoms. So I think its great to make it meaniful to you this way!

J. said...

Lovely! I can't wait to see how your Hanami turns out. I was thinking of using a blue laceweight. Blus is kinda my color and I think I would wear it more. Then it could be raindrops instead of flower petals.

Welcome aboard!

T. said...

Blooming in February. J and I are from Edmonton - there is NOTHING blooming here in February, or March and rarely April!!