Here is my progress. It seems to be cruising along. I finished the basket weave and have moved on to the cherry blossom section.
It is looking great and I am adding beads very selectively so that it looks random. I also am taking the less is more approach.
You can see them here better. I only started them in the second chart and most of the time only use one bead per row and then only every few rows. I think it will add the sparkle I want without over powering the over all look. I have also made a decision to only work a few repeats of the final chart, since the one I saw done like this I really liked, so I am adding in short repeats of the other charts to make up for this choice plus I did an extra basket weave chart so I am working in extra rows for that too. Crazy I know but I think it will look better to me in the long run.