Friday, September 28, 2007

Hanami Question

Hi Y'all,

I am doing the Hanami in a heavier weight yarn - Lavold silk in a luscious fuschia. I am using a needle size 4.5mm to get a wonderful drape in this stole. I have almost completed the second repeat of the basketweave section and am at about 10 inches now and my width is 28 inches stretched. Looking at the pattern it looks like the basketweave section runs about half the pattern then the transition begins to the blossoms. I know that 7 repeats of the basket portion will be way too long based on what I have now. What is the measurement of each section done in the lace weight yarn? I have the approximate width and length in the lace weight stoles that have been completed, and will adjust as I go to get the look that I want, but want to try to keep the proportions the same. So, far I love what I have and will post a picture when I can get the camera from my husband :) Thanks for your help, Krista PS. I have a button on my blog for those like me who are challenged in keeping up with KAL's - SLOKALOK!
http://accoutrements.typepad.com/

No comments: